Matthew Pitzarella, director of Buchanan’s Energy, Environment and Natural Resources section, talks with Barry Russell, President and CEO of Independent Petroleum Associates of America in the latest episode of our Energy Insider Interview Series.
Barry answers the following questions:
- What’s your take on the first six months of the Trump Administration and what that’s meant for our nation’s independent producers?
- How has the industry’s dedicated and innovative workforce impacted the management of emissions and air quality?
- Now that the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission can have its first quorum in over six months, what are your hopes for what the agency can accomplish?
- In early July, the Trump Administration announced that it would allow for faster permitting of gas drilling on public lands. What does this mean for independent producers?
- What makes the industry so diverse and attractive to entrepreneurs?
- How are producers managing the current price environment?
- What are the prospects for the future of the U.S. as an exporter of natural gas?
Our Energy Insider Interview Series brings you conversations with leaders from energy companies, industry organizations, and federal and local government to get their inside perspective on the current state and future of energy in the United States. Read previous episodes here.