The Pennsylvania Energy Development Authority (PEDA) is now offering approximately $12.5 million in funding for advanced energy projects and for businesses interested in locating or expanding their alternative energy manufacturing or production operations in Pennsylvania. PEDA will consider projects such as the manufacturing of alternative energy or energy efficiency equipment of materials; the development and deployment of innovative, clean advanced and efficient technologies; the generation of alternative energy or the production of alternative fuels; or the implementation of energy efficiency/demand side projects. Of the $12.5 million, $10 million is specifically for renewable energy projects, such as solar, wind, hydropower, and biomass. If PEDA does not receive $10 million in suitable Advanced Energy Projects, other eligible project types may receive this funding.
Eligible applicants include corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, associations and other legal business entities; Non-profit corporations; Pennsylvania schools, colleges and universities; and any Pennsylvania municipality and any public corporation, authority or body.
Eligible Project Categories include the following:
- Advanced Energy Projects
- Projects which deploy: solar energy, wind, low-impact hydropower, geothermal, biomass, biologically derived methane gas including landfill gas, fuel cells, coal-mine methane, waste coal, coal liquification, coal polygeneration, integrated gasification combined cycle, and demand management measures including recycled energy and energy recovery, energy efficiency and load management.
- Clean Alternative Fuels, Alternative Energy Manufacturing and Alternative Energy Research
- Construction of new facilities to produce alternative fuels for transportation
- Construction of new facilities to provide alternative fuels recycling infrastructure
- Projects which support manufacture of component parts of the alternative energy sector
- Projects which support research to advance or commercialize alternative energy projects
- All eligible projects must include a research component directly related to alternative energy resources to be eligible for this solicitation.
Applications are due by August 15, 2014 at 4:00 p.m.
Additional information is available from Jeff and from